|Since I don’t have a logo for this award, I figured that I’d use Zoe in a ladybug tutu. She refused to wear the antennae.|
|She went into full pout mode upon learning there’d be no treats…Because when I have a camera, there’s always food.|
I’ve been nominated for the 7 x 7 Blog Award! I’m thrilled, thankful, and honored that this nomination was passed on to ShawnsPlate.
First of all, many thanks to the person who nominated me, Kristen of Mind Your Bees and Trees. Kristen is an Air Force wife(THANK YOU!), living in Japan. She blogs about creating delicious food while striving to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. We met through the online bloggers workshop, SITS31DBB, and she along with Debra at CookBookDiva, Pauline at LipStickCafe, and I have our own little support group going.
In this award, you have to share 7 things about yourself, share 7 blog posts that fit into specific categories, and nominate 7 other bloggers for the award. So, here goes:
Share 7 things about yourself…
- I am the quintessential middle child…diplomatic while striving for attention.
- In 1983, my recipe for Fruited Rum Custard won Alabama’s Best Ice Cream on the Tom York Morning Show. I’d blindly sent in a recipe and a friend who was watching, called to tell me that I’d won.
- My husband and I grew up having the same best friend in common and we knew all of the same people but, we didn’t meet each other until many years later. He asked me to marry him 2 weeks after our first date, almost 24 years ago.
- I always thought that “Chesapeake” was a cool name…Little did I know that I would one day move to Maryland.
- Fall is my favorite season. Looking at jeweled toned foliage, especially gold, gives me the same “high” that chocolate gives others.
- I listen to Christmas music in the summer.
- I have an excellent memory. Sometimes when I’m talking to my mom, I’ll mention something and she’ll say, “I don’t know how you remember that, you weren’t even 2 when that happened!”
Share 7 of your blog posts that fit the following categories…
Nominate 7 other bloggers…
Wow! Thanks, Shawn. I’ll have to put some thought into this. Is there a deadline? Loved learning these things about you 🙂
Anna and Liz Recipes says
Oh My goodness! Congratulations ! And thank you for nominating 2sisters recipes as one of the seven blogs! You are so sweet Shawn!! I guess I have to get to work….LOL…
@Lucy…You’re welcome, no deadline imposed 🙂
@Anna & Liz…You’re welcome! I’m looking forward to seeing yours.
Thank you so much!! What a great post. I love the story about you and your husband–so sweet,and a perfect Valentine’s Day story.
Shireen Sequeira says
Thank you thank you & thank you so much Shawn for the nomination! Feel so special!! Your post is wonderful..i got to see so many recipes that I’ve missed in the past!! I’ll be happy to do a post on this soon & pass on the nomination!
Thank you for the nomination! And I loved reading your post. It’s nice to find out little tidbits about other bloggers. 🙂
Sinful Sundays says
Thank you for the award, Shawn!! I loved learning these new facts about you. I have a really good memory too–to the point where I’m constantly catching people in fibs because they forget what they tell me, lol!
great to know more about you shawn..
congrats & wishing you more success..
Nami | Just One Cookbook says
Congratulations on the award Shawn! OMG your Zoe is so cute!!!! She made me laugh when she went pouting… hahahha. It’s always nice to know more about you. 🙂
Kristen @ Mind Your Bees and Trees says
Oh Shawn I love this post! It is so fun getting to know other bloggers and I am so happy to have all of your support and advice! I can’t wait to watch your blog grow. Congrats on your awards for your delicious recipes! Zoe is so cute and the story about you and your husband is adorable 🙂